Wednesday, November 20, 2013

C4T!

Liz B. Davis

C4T #1!

Resistance is Futile... Managing Resistance to Change


This post by Mrs. Davis is about changing. It is a list of tips and tricks she uses to help people to go through and cope with change. She says you should celebrate the small victories! You should empathize with the difficulties and always understand that not all change is completely effective. She finishes her post by asking what strategies we use to help people change?

My comment:
Hi Mrs. Davis. My name is Brooklyn Rowland and I am an Elementary Education major at the University of South Alabama. I am currently taking EDM 310 with Dr. John Strange. I want to start by saying thank you for the tips you have given in this blog. I have very much enjoyed reading all of your posts. I myself have a definite resistance to change even when I know it is in my best interest. It's just something I have always struggled with. I am working on being more open to different things. It's a work in progress. I'm sure that as a teacher I will face the same opposition I sometimes feel with my students. Change is just not something people are comfortable with. I do however think that your tips will help tremendously in my future classroom.

To answer your question about the strategies that I use to help people adapt and accept change, I like to use a variety of techniques on others and myself. I think positive reinforcement and repetition are the keys to change. No one wants to continue something difficult if no one has noticed or acknowledged their progression and successes. Practice makes perfect and if you work at it long enough and do it enough times it will become second nature.

Thanks again,
Brooklyn Rowland



C4T #2!
A Design Thinking Approach to Digital Citizenship



This post is about Design Thinking which is a problem solving method that is used by many people all over the world to come up with new ideas. Mrs. Davis shares her lesson plan that incorporates the method of design thinking. It's a lesson for 7th graders on cyber bullying. 

My comment:

Hi Mrs. Davis. My name is Brooklyn Rowland and I am an Elementary Education major at the University of South Alabama. I am currently taking EDM 310 with Dr. John Strange. 

Thank you for sharing your lesson plan and ideas. I think it is very important for teachers to share what they know so that we can all grow and learn. I love this process. I think it's something I will definitely do more research on and attempt to incorporate in my teaching strategies. Cyber bullying is such a great topic to use as well, since it is such an issue. Thank you again for your post! 

Brooklyn Rowland

No comments:

Post a Comment