Sunday, November 3, 2013

C4K October Summary

C4K #1
Jake simply posts what they did in school this week. He says they had two guest speakers, one from hyvee and the other from the fire department. He also says they had a health walk and a geometry test. he finishes up by asking what did you do?

My Comment:
Hey Jake! My name is Brooklyn and I am from Mobile, Alabama and I go to school at the University of South Alabama. This week I went on a small vacation to the beach. We expected it to be kind of cold but it was actually quite warm and we were able to swim. Have you been to the beach? Do you like to swim? I love to go to the beach with my family and friends. It is a lot of fun. How do you like geometry? I liked it a lot when I was in school. It was kind of difficult for me but I enjoyed it. I hope you have a good week this week. 
Brooklyn Rowland's EDM 310 Class Blog



C4K#2
Nick Pickle talks about a story they read in class about a girl named Melody and her service dog. His teacher asks the questions, what other jobs do dogs do for people?, what are somethings you can do to help when you see a service dog?, and how do you think Melody will react to having siblings?

Nick says, "Butterscotch is an awsome dog. and sevice dogs can help people who are blind. I think that she will ether hate it or love it because mabye penny will take a way some attention. That melody can do tings and that shes no mentaly challanged."

My Comment:
Hi Nick! My name is Brooklyn and I am a college student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I think you had some very good answers to these questions. I think service dogs are really cool and smart. I think when we see someone using a service dog we could open doors for them. I also think we should be respectful and not distract the dog from their job. Having siblings can be difficult, but I love having younger sisters. Do you have any siblings? I also think it is very important that we remember that even though people are handicapped we shouldn't expect less of them. Most can do anything we can! We should always respect and help only when it’s needed. 
Brooklyn Rowland's EDM310 Class Blog



C4K#3
Deserae makes a Google presentation that is a profile for Jack the main character in the story, The Boy Who Cried Wolf. She describes the way he looks in one slide, his strengths and weaknesses in slide two, what he does and what he carries with him in slide three, and finally in slide four she tells us the lesson Jack learned in the story. 

My Comment:
Hi Deserae! My name is Brooklyn. I am from Mobile, Alabama and I go to school at the University of South Alabama. I like this story. The Boy Who Cried Wolf is one of my favorite books. I think it has a very important lesson that we can all learn from. Even grown ups can learn from Jack. Trust is one of the most important things we can have with other people. Trust is what helps us to have good relationships and to succeed in life. If you were a shepherd and had to sit in the field all day with the sheep, what you put in your bag? I would definitely do what Jack did and bring food and water and probably some medicine too. I think I would also bring a book to read, or even some pens and paper to write and draw. You did a great job with your profile of Jack. Keep up the good work!
Brooklyn Rowland's EDM310 Class Blog



C4K#4
Teni tells an overview and what she learned from a story titled Out of My Mind. This story is about Melody a girl with Cerebral Palsy. She talks about how she has come to the realization that she should be thankful for what she has and even though sometimes she has to do chores and watch her brother she is still more blessed than those who can not do that at all. 

My Comment:
Hi Teni! My name is Brooklyn and I am from Mobile, Alabama and I attend college at the University of South Alabama! I think I will have to read this story. It sounds as though it has definitely touched you. I have a cousin with Cerebral Palsy. It is a very difficult way to live. Like Melody she was only able to use facial expressions to communicate and over time even that diminished. I think that many people take things in their lives for granted daily. We don’t realize how truly lucky we are to be able to express ourselves. Like you, I would definitely struggle if I was in Melody’s shoes. I love to express myself and I am a very talkative and open person so, to have those aspects of me shut off would be difficult. I think we also do not realize sometimes the importance of including someone with disabilities. They may not always be able to participate but just letting them know you thought of them is important. I’m very glad you read this story and realized all this. It’s something I believe everyone should think about. Good job! I am very impressed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment