Friday, October 4, 2013

Project #2 PLN Progress Summary

A PLN, or Personal Learning Network, is a tool used to help you stay organized and to keep up with your resources effectively. It's similar to your bookmark bar but holds far more information and gives you instant access to everything at once! If your like me your time on the Internet is spent at many of the same sites. For most people it's Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest. Then there's your email and news sites. Well, with a PLN you have it all right in front of you at the same time, without 20 different tabs! We were given to possible choices in creating our PLN, Symbaloo and Netvibes. I opted for Netvibes and I have thoroughly enjoyed it!
Netvibes has two different veiw options. One is basic in design. Each link or feed that you have chosen to add has its own little box and is self contained. You can tell from the image below that I have several feeds already in use. I have one for each email account, I have 3! I also have my EDM blog as well as the class blog feed. I've also added a Google search and weather feed. My favorites of course, are my social media feeds. I have instant access to my Facebook account and Twitter account.

In this next image you will see the alternate view you can use with Netvibes. It is called a "reader view". It's like a news feed on a social media site. It has an ongoing list of the most recent updates to all of the links and feeds I have added.

Overall, I love my PLN. I have found it to be extremely useful and efficient. It is definitely something I recommend and look forward to growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment