Sunday, September 15, 2013

C4T #1!

I was assigned Larry Ferlazzo's  blog for my first C4T. I found his blog to be very interesting. The first post I chose to comment on was, A Little Respect Goes a Long Way in the Classroom. In this post Mr. Ferlazzo tells the story of him calling out a student for a minor offense in front of the whole class, therefore embarrassing the student. A few moments later Mr. Ferlazzo comes back into the room and apologizes to the student and class for the outburst. He then tells the class that he wants his room to be that of mutual respect. 
Below is my comment:
I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. As a future teacher, I hope that I can use that same technique in my classroom. I think the idea of mutual respect is important in every relationship we have. I can remember teachers all through my K-12 education demanding respect in the classroom but never giving it in return. While the demanding technique will work for some students it will not for all. This is such an inspirational and encouraging example! Thank you so much for sharing! 

For my second comment I chose his post A Very, Very Beginning List Of The Best Resources On Bullying. In this post he gives lost of statistics about the types of bullying, the effects of bullying and the reasons why people bully. I loved this information. I definitely plan to take this information to help my future students deal with bullying and to help prevent it. This photo is a sample of the information Ferlazzo posted.

Below is my comment:
Thanks for sharing all the information on bullying! Being a victim myself I have a passion for preventing bullying. All educators, parents and administrators need this information to help their children and students be successful. I hope to be able to help my future students with this issue!

No comments:

Post a Comment